The mountain town of Les Gets, an hour’s drive from Geneva Airport, has a number of events and activities taking place throughout the summer, including a start of the 15th stage of the Tour de France – the first start in the town’s history.
The Mountain Bike World Cup takes place from September 6-10 in the resort and in-between there’s a number of other events including music, sport and arts festivals.
A new four season toboggan run is opening with a 714-metre descent that takes almost 6 minutes that expands the resorts strategy to offer all-year-round activities to a wide demographic and compliments the existing Alta Lumina Park.
There’s also a new barefoot walk through the peat bogs of the Chablais UNESCO Global Geopark – water-saturated land where visitors can feel the mass of energy accumulated since the last ice age. Les Gets is teeming with these little-known, multi-faceted wetland areas and sensitive peat bog ecosystems.
Full Summer Events Programme 2023
- June 2-4: Rendez-Vous aux Jardins
- June 9-11: French Forestry Competition
- June 23-25: Pass’Portes du Soleil
- July 1-2: The Haute-Savoie drum and brass band festival
- July 9: Vintage Golf
- July 15-16: Le musée en fête
- July 16: Start of the 15th stage of the Tour de France
- July 17-21: Festival of the 4 Elements
- July 22-23: Les Gets Trail Run
- July 23: Pottery festival
- July – 5th July 5 to August 5: Lounge Music Festival
- August 5-6: Trial 4×4
- August 11: Foodie Trail
- August 12: Golf & Poker Masters
- August 12-13: DH Kids Cup (MTB)
- September 2-3: Alambike
- September 6-10: XCO & DHI MTB World Cup